Friday 13 July 2018

Birthday


Today is my 50th birthday and I was surprised by the guys from KLB as I made my way to breakfast! They presented me with a birthday cake, balloons and gifts and wonderful birthday songs! They made me feel very special indeed! I invited them all to stay for breakfast at the hotel and then we made our way to the YWAM base (Youth with a mission), via Bo's of course. Nelson, the director of YWAM for the entire island of Mindanao, invited us to join their worship time. It is amazing how KLF and KLB are both connected to YWAM in Frankfurt and Butuan! After a time of worship I spoke to the team and their guests from YWAM Kona in Hawaii. We looked at how Jesus preached and demonstrated what He spoke about and that we should expect God to use us in the same way as ministers of the Spirit. We then applied the teaching and ministered to one another as we waited on God and allowed Him to touch us. I was then presented with a birthday cake and together with Liane, who also has her birthday today, they sang for us and blessed us. It felt like family and I look forward to seeing what God wants to do with our relationship with YWAM in the future.


We then made our way to Robinson's Mall where we invited the core group of KLB for lunch. After resting a little at the hotel we then made our way to the orphanage where we played games, celebrated everyone who had their birthday last month and this month and distributed pack lunches (spaghetti, crumbed chicken, spring rolls and rice). We had a lot of fun and I was richly blessed as the kids surrounded me, layed hands on me and prayed for me. It was a moment I will never forget!



This evening we will be going out for a birthday dinner.

I am so grateful to be able to spend the day with such joyful, loving and special people. It really is the greatest gift.

"He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant - not of the letter but of the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:6




1 comment: